Crime & Safety

Bolingbrook McDonald's Incident Leads To Charges

Bolingbrook police posted a video of the incident on the agency's Facebook page.

Bolingbrook Police posted a video of the incident on the agency's Facebook page.
Bolingbrook Police posted a video of the incident on the agency's Facebook page. (Image via Bolingbrook PD )

BOLINGBROOK, IL — Bolingbrook Police announced on Tuesday that 62-year-old Russell G. Taylor of Bolingbrook has been charged with disorderly conduct in connection with an incident inside the McDonald's restaurant on North Weber Road earlier this month.

Taylor lives in the 200 block of Cider Street. The incident occurred on Saturday, May 11, at 9:45 p.m., police said.

"After speaking with detectives it appears the incident was an extremely unfortunate misunderstanding between Mr. Russell Taylor and a group of African-American teenagers," Bolingbrook Police announced on Tuesday. "He stated he meant no racial disrespect as he is African-American himself and expressed his remorse for losing his temper.

Find out what's happening in Bolingbrookfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

"Mr. Taylor went to McDonald's with his grandson and stopped to talk to the youths about his childhood. He thought he was being challenged by one of the youths during his story which precipitated the argument. He apologized for his actions and was ashamed the situation escalated to the level it did," police said.

Bolingbrook Police said that Taylor has been processed and released with a pending court date.

Find out what's happening in Bolingbrookfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Video of incident: https://www.facebook.com/bolingbrookpd/

Russell Taylor, mugshot via Bolingbrook PD

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.