Crime & Safety

Buffalo Grove Driver Sentenced to Probation in 2015 Fatal Hit and Run Crash

The crash claimed the life of Jose Gonzalez-Navarette, prosecutors said.

A 65-year-old Buffalo Grove man has been sentenced to 24 months of probation and ordered to pay $634 in fines for a hit and run accident that killed 46-year-old Jose Gonzalez-Navarette in Mount Prospect in March 2015, according to the Daily Herald.

Allan Dorfman, 64, pleaded guilty to a charge of failure to report an accident, the Daily Herald reports. He called police two days after the accident, after seeing TV news reports and videos of the crash, and told officers his car had been damaged but he thought ice had caused that damage. His attorney said Dorfman did not think he hit a person, according to the Daily Herald.

Prosecutors claim Dorman hit Gonzalez-Navarette with his 2013 Nissan Altima and then left the scene of the crash on Algonquin Road near Briarwood Drive at about 8:10 p.m. on March 22, according to a September 2015 Daily Herald article.

Find out what's happening in Buffalo Grovefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.