Crime & Safety
Man Fatally Shot During Cookout In His Own Yard, Family Says
A drive-by gunman struck the 28-year-old in the head and injured a 40-year-old, according to police.
CHICAGO, IL — A 28-year-old Chicago man was killed last week during a cookout at his own home, according to his family.
Adrian Gonzalez was enjoying the spring weather with family and friends at his home in the Little Village neighborhood when he was fatally shot, his sister, Anabell Gonzalez, wrote on a GoFundMe to cover his funeral costs.
“My little brother didn't deserve to have his future taken away from him, he was a sweet loving guy, he was hard-working and he had a very big heart,” she wrote. “He had so much to live for and was full of life.”
Find out what's happening in Chicagofor free with the latest updates from Patch.
A 28-year-old man was shot in the head at 7:40 p.m. April 13 in the 2500 block of South Troy Street and later died, according to police, who said a 40-year-old man was struck in the leg. The incident occurred when a black SUV approached in an alley and a gunman fired multiple shots through a gangway, police said.
No one was immediately in custody following the shooting, according to police.
Find out what's happening in Chicagofor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The fundraiser for Gonzalez had collected just under $1,500 towards a $5,000 goal as of Tuesday evening.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.