Schools

Matteson Students Plan Walkout Over Hiring Of Principal Placed On ‘Do Not Hire’ List In Chicago Over Sexual Misconduct

Nolen resigned as principal of Colin Powell Middle School last week, but students said he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

CHICAGO (CBS) — Students in south suburban Matteson plan to walk out of school on Monday, to protest the hiring of former principal Cedric Nolen, who had been placed on the “do not hire” list at the Chicago Public Schools due to allegations of sexual misconduct.

Nolen resigned as principal of Colin Powell Middle School last week, and students in Matteson said he shouldn’t have been hired in the first place.

Read more at CBS Chicago

Find out what's happening in Chicagofor free with the latest updates from Patch.