JOLIET, IL — Joliet police said two members of a local family were arrested this week following a family feud at their house in the 1300 block of Kenmore Avenue.
At 9:44 p.m. on Monday, the officers responded to the domestic disturbance where Ernest Lopez, 50, had been involved in a verbal argument with an adult female sibling that became physical, the police noted.
Police spokesman Dwayne English said that Lopez was accused of striking the woman in the chest and pulling her hair. When another male family member attempted to intervene, Lopez is accused of grabbing him by the neck. During the disturbance, 77-year-old Concepcion Lopez also pulled the female victim's hair, English said.
When officers attempted to take Ernest Lopez into custody, police said he resisted by pulling his arms away and refusing to place his hands behind his back. During the arrest, Concepcion Lopez allegedly picked up a patio chair and struck a Joliet police officer in the back, English revealed.
She was subsequently taken into custody.
Ernest Lopez was charged with two counts of domestic battery and one count of resisting a peace officer. Concepcion Lopez was charged with domestic battery, aggravated battery to a peace officer and obstructing a peace officer.
Both were processed and transferred to the Will County Adult Detention Facility.
Both were processed and transferred to the Will County Adult Detention Facility. Will County Jail logs show that both Ernest Lopez and Concepcion Lopez were let out of the jail just before supper time on Wednesday.
Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
Joliet Patch
Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.