Sports
Hester, Wade Will Return to New Lenox in June
The Chicago Bears and Miami Heat stars are scheduled to come back to town June 29-30, if their schedules work out. They teamed up last year for a two-day sports camp.

Devin Hester and Dwyane Wade are planning a return trip to New Lenox in 2012, and this year they'll be officially employed.
Last year, the Chicago Bears and Miami Heat stars were both facing lockouts in their respective sports. After a record-breaking season for Hester and a hot start for Wade's Heat, the athletes are scheduled for another two-day sports camp June 29-30.
The two-day event is organized by ProCamps, which recently posted the June dates on Wade's page as well as Hester's, and Mayor Tim Baldermann confirmed the event during Monday's Village Board meeting.
Find out what's happening in New Lenoxfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The prices listed are $149 for each camp, but children could participate in both for a discount if they wanted. Hester would run a morning session and Wade's camp would be in the afternoon. Both camps are co-ed and held at , with the football camp for ages 7-14 and basketball for ages 7-18.
For a few years before last Baldermann invited Wade, a personal friend who previously enlisted Baldermann's personal security services, to New Lenox for a 3-on-3 tournament. That event expanded greatly in 2011 to include a football camp and a music camp put on by Grammy winner Jim Peterik.
Find out what's happening in New Lenoxfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Baldermann said another music camp was possible but not determined yet. In addition to the camps, the mayor organized a Shaun Kingston concert, but that was in a jet ski accident. Again, a concert with a showcase artist is possible but not finalized.
The mayor said he hopes to finalize schedules within the next couple months.
Read Last Year's Coverage
Articles
Photos
Videos
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.