Crime & Safety
Palatine Man Exposed Self to 11-Year Old Boy: Cops
The man, in his 40s, turned himself in to Morton Grove police on Wednesday.

Written by Tim Moran
A Palatine man faces misdemeanor charges of indecent exposure and disorderly conduct after turning himself in Wednesday in relation to a community alert issued earlier this month regarding a man exposing himself to an 11-year-old boy in Morton Grove.
Robert Burke Jr., whose exact age has not been made available although police have said he is in his 40s, turned himself in to Morton Grove police Wednesday night to face the charges, according to Chicago Tribune reports.
Find out what's happening in Palatinefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police have said the boy was walking alone on Oleander Avenue and Suffield Street at 4:30 p.m. on October 8 when Burke lured him to his vehicle by asking if the boy had lost $20. When the boy approached, he noticed Burke was undressed from the waist down and lifted his shirt to expose his genitals.
Burke admitted to police he spoke to the boy, but denied exposing himself.
Find out what's happening in Palatinefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police were led to Burke by a license plate number that was tracked to his elderly parents in Palatine.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.