Politics & Government

Man Body-Slammed By CTA Bus Driver Plans Suit, Wants Driver Arrested

Lawrence Madden Jr. said he was on a CTA bus headed south on Western Avenue around 2 a.m. on June 11, when the driver stopped the bus.

CHICAGO (CBS) — Attorneys for a man who was body-slammed by a CTA bus driver earlier this month on the South Side said the driver and another CTA employee should face felony charges in the attack.

Lawrence Madden Jr. said he was on a CTA bus headed south on Western Avenue around 2 a.m. on June 11, when the driver stopped the bus near 77th Street to talk to another bus driver for about 10 minutes. Madden said, when he accused the driver of unprofessional behavior, the driver got off the bus through the front door, and started walking to the rear door.

Read more at CBS Chicago

Find out what's happening in South Sidefor free with the latest updates from Patch.