Crime & Safety
Alleged Pizza Bandit Cops Slices; Now Banned from Convenience Store's 1,700 Locations
It wasn't just that the suspect took two slices of pizza, a store worker told West Des Moines police, but he allegedly wasted an entire pie.

A 25-year-old western Iowa man reportedly has been banned from all locations of the Midwest-based convenience store chain – and there are about 1,700 of them in a dozen states.
An employee at the Casey’s General Store at 1850 22nd St. told West Des Moines Police last week that a man from Adair came into the store about 2:30 a.m. March 29, stole two slices of pizza and then “wasted the rest of the whole pizza.”
Find out what's happening in West Des Moinesfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
It’s not clear how he wasted the remainder of the pie, but he has now been banned from all Casey’s locations, Officer Blaine Brinkmeyer reported.
The store’s loss was about $12. The clerk wrote down the license number, which traced back to the Adair man, who has since been barred from all of the chain’s locations in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Kentucky.
Find out what's happening in West Des Moinesfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
LINK UP WITH WEST DES MOINES PATCH: Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Have West Des Moines news delivered to your inbox every morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.