Schools
Bomb Threat at Cape Cod High School: Student Charged
A 16-year-old male student made a bomb threat at Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School, police said.

YARMOUTH, MA — A 16-year-old male student at Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School on Thursday was charged with making a bomb threat at the school earlier this week. Police did not release his name due to his age. The student is facing "immediate" disciplinary action from the school, police said.
The student made the threat in a note that was found by another student Wednesday, police said. School officials decided to close the school early at 1:30 p.m. and cancel after-school activities.
Yarmouth police said they took the threat seriously.
Find out what's happening in Barnstable-Hyannisfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"Massachusetts law is very clear and powerful regarding making threats like this one," Yarmouth police said in a statement. "Anyone convicted of this crime can face up to 20 years in state prison and a fine of up to $50,000."
Photo: Shutterstock
Find out what's happening in Barnstable-Hyannisfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.