Crime & Safety
Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing Kayaker Off Nantucket
Crews had been looking for the missing 36-year-old since Sunday.

NANTUCKET, MA — The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for a missing kayaker off Nantucket. The search ended around 11 a.m. Tuesday, the Coast Guard said.
Vitaly Filiutovich, 36, was last seen kayaking near shore Sunday afternoon. He was reported missing around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, and crews found his empty kayak about 1.5 nautical miles offshore.
Coast Guard cutter, helicopter and airplane crews searched 3,087 square nautical miles over 42 hours, the agency said.
Find out what's happening in Barnstable-Hyannisfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.