Crime & Safety

Concord Break-In Suspect Arrested Following Chase Into Waltham

A South Boston man was arrested after leading police on a chase in a vehicle reported stolen out of Quincy, according to authorities.

CONCORD, MA — A man wanted in connection to two home break-ins was apprehended Wednesday afternoon in Waltham following a police pursuit out of Concord.

The multi-town ordeal began when an Emerson Road resident in Concord called police around 1:20 p.m. saying someone had tried to enter his home. The resident provided police with a description of the man and the vehicle he fled in. The suspect was later identified as 45-year-old Steven Hoxie of South Boston.

A patrol officer spotted the vehicle around Route 2 and Sudbury Road and attempted to stop it. The vehicle continued and police initiated a pursuit down Route 2 in Concord to I-95 South in the Trapelo Road area in Waltham. The vehicles didn't go faster than 65 miles per hour, police said.

Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

While the pursuit was in progress, Concord Police got a report from a Fairhaven Road resident who arrived home to discover their home was broken into.

The pursuit ended when Hoxie drove his vehicle through the garage gate at the Constant Contact building on Trapelo Road, crashing the car inside. He allegedly attempted to flee on foot but was apprehended by two Concord Police officers.

Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Hoxie's vehicle had been reported stolen out of Quincy earlier Wednesday, police said.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.

More from Concord