Holliston, MA
News Feed
Events
Local Businesses
Classifieds
Restaurants & Bars

Longtime MetroWest Restaurant Closing For Good: Report

The 93-year-old restaurant will shutter next month, its owner told MassLive.

Carbone's Restaurant at 280 Cedar St. will close on June 27, owner Mary Ann Lorentzen told MassLive. The Italian-American restaurant has operated in Hopkinton since 1933 and has remained in the Carbone family for about 90 years. (Google Maps)

HOPKINTON, MA — A longtime MetroWest restaurant is set to close next month as its owners prepare to retire.

Carbone's Restaurant at 280 Cedar St. will close on June 27, owner Mary Ann Lorentzen told MassLive. The Italian-American restaurant has operated in Hopkinton since 1933 and has remained in the Carbone family for about 90 years, according to the restaurant's website.

Subscribe

The restaurant says it was founded by Ana and Cesare Carboni after they emigrated from Italy. The business built its reputation on Italian-American dishes based on family recipes, as well as American fare.

The closure comes after the family previously announced plans to shut down the restaurant in 2020. In a letter to customers at the time, the family said the decision was driven by "many business and personal reasons, too numerous to mention," as Patch previously reported. The restaurant ultimately remained open.

The Carbone property was also discussed at Hopkinton's May 2 Annual Town Meeting.

Voters motioned a $2 million land purchase at 280 Cedar St., according to HCAM Television's town meeting report and the 2026 Annual Town Meeting Warrant.

See Also:

More from Holliston, MA
News | 1h
News | 4h
See more on Patch >

Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
Holliston, MA Patch

Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.

©2026 Patch Media. All Rights Reserved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information