Crime & Safety
Teen Arrested In Fatal Shooting Of Methuen High Student
The 17-year-old from Haverhill was held on $500,000 bail in connection to the weekend shooting.
METHUEN, MA — A 17-year-old male from Haverhill was arrested in the connection to the fatal weekend shooting of a Methuen High student. The Haverhill teen, who was not identified, is being held on $500,000 bail.
Police did not say what the teen was charged with, but Methuen Police Chief Joseph Solomon said the case has been brought to "a resolution."
Police received a report shortly after noon Sunday about a man who had been pushed out of a car on Davis Road. Authorities found a 17-year-old male from Methuen suffering from a gunshot wound to his upper body.
Find out what's happening in North Andoverfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police said the victim was shot at an unknown location and driven to Davis Road, where he was pushed out of the vehicle.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.