Crime & Safety
Ex-Boxer from Stoughton Charged With Strangling Girlfriend
Christopher McInerney was ordered held without bail.

WEYMOUTH, MA — A former professional boxer from Stoughton and currently living in Weymouth was ordered held without bail after allegedly abusing his girlfriend.
Christopher McInerney, 38, was arraigned in Quincy District Court Thursday on charges of kidnapping, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, strangulation or suffocation, two counts of domestic assault and battery, intimidation of a witness and larceny over $250, according to the Patriot Ledger.
Before ordering him held without bail, McInerney said his release could pose a danger to the community.
Find out what's happening in Stoughtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Police became aware of the alleged abuse on May 8 when the victim went to the Weymouth Police Department to request a restraining order. In her report, officer Jennifer Pompeo said the victim had bruising on her face, two bloodshot eyes, and a swollen lip. The victim told police that on May 6, she was attacked by McInerney following an argument on the way home from a bar. At one point, McInerney dragged her to a bedroom, pinned her to the ground, and put her in a chokehold until she passed out. She believed she was punched and strangled for two hours.
McInerney was previously arrested in 2008 for attempted murder, but the charges were dismissed. A 2011 Stoughton Patch article identifies him as a Stoughton High School graduate.
Find out what's happening in Stoughtonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
McInerney is due back in court June 12.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.