Crime & Safety
Sudbury Police Arrest 17-Year-Old for Attempted Abduction of Two Other Boys
A teen was arrested for allegedly sexually enticing and trying to kidnap two 12-year-old boys.

Police earlier this week arrested a 17-year-old Sudbury boy for allegedly enticing and trying to kidnap two 12-year-old boys.
“This was a disturbing situation, involving two young children. We are fortunate that they were able to get away and seek the help of an adult, which ultimately led to the arrest of this suspect today,” Chief Nix said. “I commend these boys for their bravery and our officers for quickly finding this dangerous suspect.”
Police received a 911 call from a Skyview Lane resident at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday reporting an attempted abduction of two boys by a suspect who fled in a vehicle. The caller told police that the suspect made statements to the boys and tried to get them to enter his vehicle.
Find out what's happening in Sudburyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The caller gave police a good description of the suspect’s vehicle, which was broadcast area-wide.
Officers en route to Skyview Lane came upon a vehicle matching the description given, and the officer pulled the driver over.
Find out what's happening in Sudburyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
After the investigation, the 17-year-old was arrested and charged with two counts of Enticement of a Child Under 16. Police searched the suspect’s car, which revealed “evidence that supported the charges of enticement.”
The suspect was transported to the Sudbury Police Department for booking. His name will not be released because of his age.
The Massachusetts Juvenile Probation Office ordered the suspect released last night into the custody of his parents. He will be arraigned in the Middlesex County Juvenile County-Framingham on a day and time to be set by the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office.
Chief Nix apologizes for not being able to provide further information but given laws restricting release of juvenile information we are unable to do so. He advises parents to have due diligence and watch their children.
The victims were not injured.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.