Crime & Safety
'Most Wanted' Worcester Man Arrested, Police Say
Jeffrey Beltre-Rojas was wanted in connection to a 2020 fatal shooting in Worcester.
WORCESTER, MA — A Worcester man wanted in connection to a fatal 2020 shooting has been arrested, police said Monday.
Jeffrey Beltre-Rojas, 27, was placed on the state police "most-wanted" list in July. Police have said he was involved in the shooting of Luis Tiro-Romero at a Mount Pleasant Street home in the Main South neighborhood last summer.
Tiro-Romero was critically injured in the shooting, and died in January at a hospice facility in New York. Two other men, Jose Merced, 32, of Worcester, and Anthony Negron, 26, of Camden, N.J., were charged with Tiro-Romero's murder earlier in 2021.
Beltre-Rojas will be removed from the state's most-wanted list, Worcester police said Monday.