Crime & Safety

UPDATED: Divers Recover Body That May Be Missing Dearborn Man

Property belonging to Harry "Henry" Fishwick found along the banks of the Rouge River.

DEARBORN, MI – A man whose body was pulled from the Rouge River Friday afternoon matched that of a 62-year-old Dearborn man who had been missing since Sunday, police said.

Earlier Friday, the Dearborn Police Department asked for the public's help in locating Harry “Henry” Fishwick, 62, of Dearborn, who was last seen Sunday, May 8, at approximately 7 p.m.

Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad said in a statement that police located property belonging to Fishwick along the river near Michigan and Telegraph and called in the Downriver Underwater Search and Rescue Team to search the river.

Find out what's happening in Dearbornfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

“This is an active and on-going investigation and while there are preliminary findings in the incident I am waiting until autopsy reports are completed before speculating on the cause and manner of death," Haddad said. "This is a tragic situation and our thoughts and condolences go out to Mr. Fishwick’s family.”

Fishwick does not own a vehicle and often uses various transportation services when traveling. Fishwick had no known medical problems, but has had episodes which led to him becoming confused and disoriented.

Find out what's happening in Dearbornfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.