Crime & Safety

Three Adults Treated For Possible Drug Overdoses at Mall of America: Police

Police say that three people may have overdosed on narcotics at the Mall of America Friday night.

Police say that three people may have overdosed on drugs at the Mall of America Friday night. On Oct. 21 at 8:18 p.m., Bloomington police responded to an unconscious male, 34, of Minneapolis, in the south food court at the Mall of America. As police and medics from Allina Health attempted to resuscitate him, a female, 35, of Minneapolis, who was with the male, also began losing consciousness and required medical attention, police said.

During the course of their treatment, it was determined that they were possibly overdosing on a narcotic, according to a news release. Both regained consciousness on scene and were transported to Fairview Southdale Hospital.

Shortly after, at 8:37 p.m., a Minnesota State Patrol trooper pulled over a vehicle outside the Mall of America before requesting assistance from Allina and Bloomington police. A subject inside that car was also treated for a possible narcotic overdose, according to police. It was determined that all three had been together prior to their medical emergencies.

Find out what's happening in Richfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The Bloomington police said they are are aware of recent drug overdoses in Anoka County and at this
time cannot confirm if they are related.

Image via Cliff, Flickr, used under Creative Commons

Find out what's happening in Richfieldfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.