Crime & Safety
Las Vegas Concert Rape: California Man Arrested
The man allegedly lured the victim to a hotel room after the Las Rageous festival on Saturday.

A man from California is under arrest, charged with sexual assault and kidnapping after he allegedly lured a drunken man from the Las Rageous hard rock festival on Saturday and raped him. Police identified the suspect, 54-year-old Lance Austin, based on surveillance tape.
The victim had been at the festival with his girlfriend and a friend when he got separated from them. Surveillance tape showed the victim on the ground, unable to walk on his own.
Austin can be seen walking over to the victim who is surrounded by security officers from the Four Queens and leading him over to the bar.
Find out what's happening in Las Vegasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The victim would later tell officers he thought the man was also a security giard and offering him a free room at the hotel.
Once upstairs, Austin allegedly physically attacked and sexually assaulted the victim.
Find out what's happening in Las Vegasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The victim fell asleep and told officers when he woke up, he was threatened with more violence if he told anyone.
Austin is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
Photo via ShutterStock
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.