Crime & Safety
Las Vegas Couple Accused Of Killing Child Appear In Court
A man accused of killing his son had told police that he often had to discipline him for stealing food.

The man who police say killed his son appeared in court on Tuesday on murder charges. Paul Jones had told officers that he hit his son in February as they argued about candy. The boy struck his head and died, the man said.
Jones and his girlfriend, Latoya Williams-Miley, are both charged with murdering Aaron Jones.
(For more information on this and other local stories, subscribe to your local Patch for daily newsletters and breaking news alerts.)
Find out what's happening in Las Vegasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The judge scheduled a preliminary hearing on the charges for July.
Jones, who had admitted to dumping the 13-year-old's body in a lot, had originally told officers the boy had run away.
Find out what's happening in Las Vegasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The boy's body was found last week by two of his cousins who had organized a search party. The remains were identified by the medical examiner using dental records.
Photos Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.