Crime & Safety
13-Year-Old Barnegat Boy Mysteriously Shot In Foot: Police
The boy said he was alone in the park when he realized he had been shot in the foot, police said.
BARNEGAT, NJ — A 13-year-old Barnegat boy was taken to the hospital after reportedly being shot in the foot, police said.
Barnegat police reported that the boy was at the public park at Bilge Street on March 12 when he heard a "pop" and realized he had been shot in the foot. He said he was alone and never saw anyone else in the park, police said.
The police investigated the park and found no sign of blood or any evidence of a shooting. There were also no reports of gunshots and no firearm has been found.
Find out what's happening in Barnegat-Manahawkinfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The boy was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center, where he was treated. Barnegat police are investigating this as an isolated, accidental shooting.
The investigation is ongoing and police are following up on social media posts about the incident. Anyone with information or social media posts about the incident is asked to contact Detective Hetrick at 609-698-5000.
Find out what's happening in Barnegat-Manahawkinfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.