Crime & Safety
David Creato Pleads Not Guilty in Murder of 3-Year-Old Son
The Haddon Township man's trial might not begin for another year.

David “DJ” Creato has pleaded not guilty in connection with the death of his 3-year-old son, the Philly Voice reports.
There have been no plea discussions, and a follow-up hearing is set for next month, according to the report. However, his trial might not start for another year.
Creato has remained in jail on $750,000 bail since he was indicted last month in the murder of Brendan Creato, according to the report.
Find out what's happening in Haddonfield-Haddon Townshipfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
He was indicted on charges of first-degree murder and second-degree endangering the welfare of a child in the death of the 3-year-old.
David Creato reported his son missing the morning of Oct. 13, and a few hours later, Brendan Creato’s body was found in wooded area off South Park Drive in Haddon Township.
Find out what's happening in Haddonfield-Haddon Townshipfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Assistant Prosecutor Christine Shah has used the phrase“homicidal violence of unknown etymology” in describing the death. The motive laid out involves his girlfriend, who has been vocal about the fact that she dislikes children. The prosecution says David Creato’s paranoia about losing her motivated him to kill his son.
It’s a case built on circumstantial evidence, and legal experts have said that “proving a motive in the case is key” for the prosecution.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.