Crime & Safety

Mercer County Man Sentenced in Gloucester County Child Sex Assault

Damon S. Bradley will receive treatment as a repetitive and compulsive sex offender.

A Mercer County man was sentenced to six years incarceration after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting a girl in Gloucester County between September 2010 and September 2013, when she was between 13 and 16 years old.

Damon S. Bradely, 45, of Trenton, will serve his sentence at the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center, a state facility for sex offenders in Avenel.

He is a previously convicted sex offender in Mercer County, and the center’s evaluation of Bradley determined he is eligible for treatment because he is a repetitive and compulsive sex offender.

Find out what's happening in Lawrencevillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Bradley initially said he would not accept sex offender treatment. He was to be sentenced to state prison, but his lawyer said he now wants treatment after he began attending church and making changes in his life.

“He does agree he does have a problem,” Attorney Robert Kail said in court on Friday.

Find out what's happening in Lawrencevillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Bradley affirmed his wish to be sentenced to Avenel, according to the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office.

Bradley must serve 85 percent of his sentence before becoming eligible for parole. He will be subject to at least 15 years of parole supervision upon release.

As a result of a guilty plea to a child sexual assault in Mercer County in 2003, he is already subject to the registration and restrictions of Megan’s Law for sex offenders. Bradley was sentenced to four years in prison on the 2003 offense.

Superior Court Judge Kevin T. Smith said Bradley has also “flagrantly violated” Megan’s Law restrictions on six occasions, which the judge said makes him a threat to the public and “of great concern to this court.”

The 2010-2013 charges occurred during visits with a woman in Clayton. He has been jailed in default of $150,000 bail since his October 2013 arrest.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.