Crime & Safety

Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Stuck By Tractor-Trailer In South Brunswick

The incident took place Monday night, police said. Route 1 South was closed for four hours during the investigation.

SOUTH BRUNSWICK, NJ – A 23-year-old woman suffered serious injuries after she was struck by a tractor-trailer on Route 1 South Monday night, officials said.

Around 8:14 p.m., South Brunswick Police received multiple 911 calls of a pedestrian struck on Route 1 South near Wynwood Drive.

When officers arrived, they found that a 23-year-old woman from Rochester, New York had been struck by a tractor-trailer.

Find out what's happening in South Brunswickfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Officers, bystanders, Kendall Park EMS, and paramedics immediately undertook lifesaving measures. The woman was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in serious condition, police said.

“Witnesses indicated the woman ran in front of the tractor-trailer,” the police department said.

Find out what's happening in South Brunswickfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

South Brunswick Police Traffic Safety Bureau is investigating the incident. Anyone with information should contact PFC Jason Gassman at (732) 329-4000 ext 7472.

Route 1 South was closed for four hours during the investigation.

Have a correction or a news tip? Email sarah.salvadore@patch.com

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.