Crime & Safety
Wyckoff Burglar Caught After 16 Months
Michael Kunz, 60, was charged after a 16-month investigation by law enforcement officers.

WYCKOFF, N.J. — A man has been charged in connection with a Karen Place burglary after a 16-month investigation, police said Tuesday.
A resident reported a burglary to their house on Jan. 16, 2015, said Lt. David Murphy. The resident came home and discovered that a sliding glass door had been shattered.
Police and Bergen County Sheriff’s Detective Joseph Soto investigated the incident. Soto and members of the sheriff’s investigation unit collected evidence at the scene and matched it to a DNA sample that was on file with the New Jersey Office of Forensic Sciences, Murphy said.
Find out what's happening in Wyckofffor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Soto arrested Michard Kunz at his North Bergen home April 28, police said.
Kunz, 60, was charged with burglary and theft. He is currently being held in the Bergen County Jail.
Find out what's happening in Wyckofffor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Email: daniel.hubbard@patch.com. Sign up for Patch N.J. email newsletters here.
Shutterstock image
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.