Crime & Safety
Diddy Denied Bail For Third Time, Will Remain In BK Jail: Reports
The rapper's attorneys proposed that he wait for his trial at his Upper East Side pad, but a Manhattan judge said no.

NEW YORK CITY — Hip-hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs, who is currently jailed in Brooklyn while awaiting a trial for sex crimes and sex trafficking allegations, was denied a bail request for a third time on Wednesday, several reports confirm.
According to the New York Times, Manhattan Judge Arun Subramanian denied the rapper's third attempt to be released from jail while awaiting trial, saying that the defendant has a history of violence and has violated jail regulations by trying to communicate with the outside world. The rapper had hoped to wait for his trial at his Upper East Side apartment.
Combs was arrested on Sept. 16 and is currently at Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center and facing six sexual assault lawsuits that date back to incidents between 1995 and 2021.
Find out what's happening in Brooklynfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
He is also facing racketeering and sex trafficking charges, and prosecutors say he used his businesses and employees to carry out, facilitate, and cover up his abuse and commercial sex, Patch previously reported.
"We are disappointed with the decision to pursue what we believe is an unjust prosecution of Mr. Combs by the U.S. Attorney's Office," Combs' lawyer, Marc Agnifilo, said when he was first arrested in September.
Find out what's happening in Brooklynfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Combs' attorneys are advocating for house arrest and proposed that he wait for his trial — which is scheduled for May — at his three-bedroom Upper East Side apartment, with full-time private security, no visitors other than family, and no internet or phone access, except to contact his attorneys, the New York Daily News reported.
His attorneys also proposed that he fork over a $50 million bond, according to the New York Daily News.
Subramanian denied the request on Wednesday and said he doesn't trust Combs or his private security.
"Given the nature of the allegations in this case and the information provided by the government, the Court doubts the sufficiency of any conditions that place trust in Combs and individuals in his employ—like a private security detail—to follow those conditions," the judge wrote, ABC News reported.
Combs' trial is set for May 2025.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.