Crime & Safety

Harlem Shooting Leaves 1 Man Dead, 2nd Wounded

A shooting on a Harlem street Thursday night left one man dead and a second man injured, according to police.

Around 9:46 p.m. Thursday, police responded to a 911 call about a shooting near the corner of West 138th Street and Malcolm X Boulevard.
Around 9:46 p.m. Thursday, police responded to a 911 call about a shooting near the corner of West 138th Street and Malcolm X Boulevard. (Google Maps)

HARLEM, NY — A shooting on a Harlem street Thursday night left one man dead and a second man injured, according to police.

Around 9:46 p.m. Thursday, police responded to a 911 call about a shooting near the corner of West 138th Street and Malcolm X Boulevard.

Once officers arrived, the two victims had already been brought to Harlem Hospital — just two blocks south from where the shooting happened. The first victim, a 25-year-old man, was shot in the leg and is expected to survive, police said.

Find out what's happening in Harlemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The second man, who had not been identified, was pronounced dead after suffering a gunshot wound to the chest, police said.

Police have made no arrests and an investigation is ongoing.

Find out what's happening in Harlemfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.