POUGHKEEPSIE, NY — A coalition of local and federal forces came together to arrest two men in connection with an Aug. 1 shooting that took place in Poughkeepsie, officials said Wednesday.
According to Poughkeepsie PD, 18-year-old Randall T Lawrence and 22-year-old Keyben Lopez, both of Poughkeepsie, were arrested Wednesday. Police said Lawrence was located and arrested by U.S. Marshalls in Norfolk, VA and is expected to be extradited to New York.
Police said Lawrence is being charged with one count of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and one count of first-degree reckless endangerment.
As for Lopez, police said he was located Wednesday afternoon and arrested. Lopez is now being charged with one count of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, police said, and was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail.
According to police, ballistic evidence and a loaded gun connected to the shooting had been recovered prior to the arrests. The operation to find and place the men in custody was carried out by a combination of Poughkeepsie neighborhood response personnel, SWAT, FBI Hudson Valley task force and U.S. Marshalls, officials said.
Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
Mid Hudson Valley Patch
Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.