Rockville Centre, NY
News Feed
Events
Local Businesses
Classifieds
Crime & Safety

This Week In Rockville Centre: Criminal Contempt Arrests, ‘Assassin’ Game, Police Say

The Rockville Centre Police Department released its crime report for the week ending May 18 Monday.

ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NY — The Rockville Centre Police Department released its weekly report Monday, detailing incidents and arrests that had taken place over the prior seven days. The items listed are as follows:

On May 11, a Lee Avenue woman said someone had broken into her car and stolen things from it, police said.

Subscribe

On May 11, a Woods Place man said someone had gained access to his bank account and taken thousands of dollars out of it, police said.

On May 12, a cab driver said a 62-year-old passenger was unconscious in the back seat of his cab when he arrived at her Water Street destination, police said. The woman couldn’t be revived, and was pronounced dead at Mount Sinai South Nassau, police said. Police have not reported any arrests or charges related to the woman’s death.

On May 13, a Walnut Avenue man called police to report several unknown people on his property, police said. Upon arrival, RVCPD officers found that the unknown individuals were teenagers, chasing each other with water guns as part of a game of “assassin,” police said.

On May 14, a North Bellmore man said someone had broken the side view mirror of his car when it was stopped in traffic on Peninsula Boulevard, police said.

On May 14, a Cornwall Street woman said her car’s window had been broken while the car was parked at the LIRR station, police said.

On May 14, a Yonkers man said someone had gone to an ATM on Merrick Road and withdrawn several thousand dollars from his bank account, police said.

On May 16, police said an Oceanside man reported his car being struck and damaged while parked at taco bell.

On May 17, 22-year-old Rockville Centre resident Nicholas Scotto DiClemente was arrested and charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief after an investigation at his home, police said.

On May 18, 35-year-old Rockville Centre resident Arnulfo Castillo was arrested and charged with third-degree assault and second degree criminal contempt of court, police said.

More from Rockville Centre, NY
News | 8h
News | 2d
News | 1h
See more on Patch >

Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
Rockville Centre, NY Patch

Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.

©2026 Patch Media. All Rights Reserved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information