Schools
No Credible Threat To Solon Schools, District Says
Social media posts have been circulating suggesting a threat to a school with the initials SHS, but those aren't directed at Solon.

SOLON, OH — Since Wednesday, social media posts have been circulating suggesting there has been a threat to a school with the initials SHS. Those threats are not directed at Solon High School or any other Solon school, the district said.
"For more than 24 hours, threads on social media in several states, including Ohio, began reposting a vague threat made against a school with the initials “SHS.” Students here in Solon began seeing that posting late last night and shared the posts they saw with school administrators directly and through the Safe School Helpline," the district said.
The district immediately reached out to Solon Police. The district's director of security, along with various district and school administrators, met with police officials on Wednesday night. The group came together and decided there had been no specific threat made to a Solon school.
Find out what's happening in Solonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"However, in an abundance of caution, the Solon Police Department will have a heightened presence in and around the high school tomorrow," the district said. "We want to reiterate that there is no credible threat to Solon High School."
Parents and students are still encouraged to share anything suspicious or threatening with school officials, the police department or Safe School Helpline.
Find out what's happening in Solonfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Photo from Google Maps
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.