Crime & Safety
'Craigslist Killings:' Richard Beasley Testifies in Own Trial
Beasley told a jury Wednesday that one of the victims pulled a gun on him first in Noble County.

Richard Beasley, the man accused of luring and killing men with a fake Craigslist job ad, took the stand today in his own defense.Β
Investigators claim that Beasley and Brogan Rafferty killed three people and wounded a fourth victim. Rafferty, a formerΒ Stow-Munroe Falls High SchoolΒ student, was found guilty on nine counts of aggravated murder and other charges in November for his part in the Craigslist killings.
According to a report from NewsNet5.com, Beasley told the jury he isn't responsible for the crimes.Β
Find out what's happening in Stowfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"I had no idea that somebody, anybody, had been killed down on that farm. I had no way to know," Beasley said according to the News Channel 5 story.Β
To read more about what happened in the court room today, read the full NewsNet5.com story.
Find out what's happening in Stowfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.