Politics & Government
Victim Identified in Fatal Crash over the Weekend
Police says 58-year-old Patrick Curry, Sr. was crossing NE Cully when he was struck and killed

Portland Police say that the man who was struck and killed Saturday night as he tried to cross Northeast Cully Boulevard was 58-year-old Patrick Curry, Sr.
It was just after 11PM when Curry struck by a 2012 Honda Insight.
The Honda's Driver, William Hurst, is in Multnomah County Jail in charges of reckless driving and manslaughter.
Find out what's happening in Portlandfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
It was one of three fatal crashes over the weekend in Portland. The other fatality involved the death of a bicyclist. One other pedestrian was seriously injured.
The fatal crashes led Portland Mayor Charlie Hales and Transportation Commission Steve Novick to speak out Monday morning.
Find out what's happening in Portlandfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"This weekend's tragedies remind us why no one should drive under the influence, and all Portlanders should follow the rules of the road, including speed limits," Mayor Hales said.
Including this weekend's fatalities, Portland has had eight people die in traffic crashes this year.
Last year, 37 people died in traffic crashes.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.