Crime & Safety

Man Allegedly Showed Genitals To Students At Cynwyd Elementary

While working for the Montgomery Early Learning Center, he allegedly showed his genitals twice to students at the elementary school.

BALA CYNWYD, PA – A man who was working with the Montgomery Early Learning Centers has been arrested and charged with crimes related to exposing himself to students at Cynwyd Elementary School, court records and media reports state.

Darrien Glover, 24, of Philadelphia, is facing two felony counts each of unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of a minor.

He has also been charged with indecent assault of a person less than 13 years of age, indecent exposure, and open lewdness, court records show.

Find out what's happening in Narberth-Bala Cynwydfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Glover was jailed on $99,000 bail set at a Nov. 20 preliminary arraignment.

The incidents occurred earlier in 2017, at least one at Cynwyd Elementary School during a Montgomery Early Learning Centers program.

Find out what's happening in Narberth-Bala Cynwydfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Montgomery Early Learning Centers CEO Ann O'Brien said once the organization learned of the allegations against a staff member, that person was suspended and subsequently terminated.

"As soon as we were notified that a Montgomery Early Learning Centers staff member employed at our Cynwyd Elementary School program had been accused of inappropriate, and perhaps illegal conduct, in the presence of a child in our care on school grounds we immediately suspended the individual, removed them from our facility, reported the allegation to Pennsylvania ChildLine and conducted an internal investigation that resulted in the employee’s termination," she said.

The charges were filed on Nov. 16 after local authorities learned Glover, who is awaiting trial in a separate exposure incident from earlier this year, allegedly exposed himself to a MELC students on separate occasions at Cynwyd Elementary School earlier this year, according to court documents and Main Line Media News.

Glover allegedly showed a female student his underwear on one occasion and his genitals on another.

"Before their tenure, this employee had cleared all criminal background checks. The safety and welfare of our students remains our utmost priority," O'Brien said. "Because the matter is still under the jurisdiction of the legal system it would not be appropriate to comment any further at this time."

He is set to have a preliminary hearing on the new charges on Dec. 5, court records show.

"MELC has been caring for children for over 50 years and is committed to the safety and security of all our children. Our primary concern is ensuring that families impacted by this individual have the resources they need at this difficult time.”

Image via Shutterstock

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.