Schools
Neshaminy Appoints New Security Director
The Neshaminy School Board approved the hiring of Kevin Freeman at its work session Tuesday night. He replaces Kevin Burns.

LANGHORNE, PA —The Neshaminy School District has a new security director.
Kevin Freeman was approved as director of security during the Neshaminy School Board's work session meeting Tuesday night.
He succeeds Kevin Burns, who was named as safety and security supervisor in the Centennial School District in Warminster. Burns worked for the Neshaminy School District in the same capacity from 2019 to 2022.
Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Freeman was formerly the director of student affairs at the Carl Sandburg Middle School, where school officials said he will be missed.
His appointment was effective on Oct. 11. He will earn an annual salary of $81,949.
Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Chris Stanley, the district's community relations coordinator, said that Freeman has been acting in the position since August in replacing Burns.
Freeman previously worked with Scholl Security Group as an armed guard from 2012-2013, then as a security guard at Neshaminy High School from 2013-2015, and most recently as the Coordinator of Student Affairs at Carl Sandburg Middle School from 2015 through 2023.
"His experience both in the security field and working with students and administrators at the middle school for the past eight years will serve the district well as he moves into this new role," Stanley said.
It was the second administrative change for the school district since the start of the school year.
In late August, it was announced that Neshaminy Schools Superintendent Rob McGee had retired from the school district after 36 years of service.
McGee had been placed on administrative leave by the district last February.
McGee was placed on administrative leave last February in an agenda line item vote by the school board. School officials have never commented on why that decision was made.
Jason Bowman, the district's director of secondary education, has served as substitute superintendent since McGee was placed on administrative leave.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.