Schools

Neshaminy School Board Silent On Superintendent Leave

At its first meeting since Schools Superintendent Rob McGee was placed on administrative leave, the board made no mention of the matter.

Neshaminy school officials have not given an update on Schools Superintendent Rob McGee, who was placed on administrative leave three weeks ago.
Neshaminy school officials have not given an update on Schools Superintendent Rob McGee, who was placed on administrative leave three weeks ago. (Neshaminy School District)

LANGHORNE, PA —When the Neshaminy School Board gathered for its first public meeting since placing Schools Superintendent Rob McGee on administrative leave, there was no mention of the move.

In an 18-minute public work session last week, the school board did not mention McGee. There was no comment from the public about it. And substitute Superintendent Jason Bowman did not attend the meeting as well.

School officials would not comment following the public work session.

Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

"I do not have any new information about the superintendent's situation to share," Chris Stanley, the district's community relations coordinator, told Patch.

It's been more than three weeks since McGee was placed on administrative leave during the Feb. 28 school board meeting.

Find out what's happening in Levittownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

At that meeting, the board approved agenda items that placed McGee on an administrative leave of absence and named Bowman, the district's director of secondary education, as substitute superintendent.

At the work session, though, there was a superintendent's report.

That was provided by Treasurer Donald Irwin on behalf of the superintendent at the March 14 work session.

Irwin discussed an art exhibition, artwork by students, a $13,000 check from Giant for a food donation initiative, kindergarten registration being open, and a tax assistance program for senior citizens that has a June 15 deadline.

McGee, a Neshaminy schools graduate and 35-year school district veteran, took over as head of the Neshaminy School District on July 1, 2020.

He replaced Superintendent Joseph Jones III, who left at the end of his contract to return to the classroom as a math teacher in the Philadelphia School District.

Before becoming superintendent, McGee had served as Neshaminy's director of secondary education.

McGee's five-year contract will pay $196,000 per year. His contract runs through 2025.

Earlier this year, the state Auditor General asserted that Neshaminy was among 12 school districts that participated in a "shell game" to raise property taxes.

Neshaminy's administration and school board accepted the auditor's Jan. 25 performance audit report and said it would implement the recommendations.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.