Politics & Government
2014 Governor's Race Could Include Sestak
The former 7th district Congressman would not rule out a challenge to Republican incumbent Tom Corbett. He would join a crowded field.

Former Congressman Joe Sestak has not closed the door on a run for the Pa. governor's office in 2014.
Sestak, who did not seek re-election to his 7th District seat in 2010, told the Delaware County Times on Tuesday that he wants to run for public office again, but would not be more specific.
If Sestak does throw his hat in the ring for next year's Democratic primary, he could be joining a crowded field.
Find out what's happening in Lower Providencefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
13th District Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz, who has not publicly declared her candidacy but is said to be leaning towards a run, is widely regarded as the leading Democratic challenger to Republican incumbent Governor Tom Corbett, who has been plagued by weak polls and job approval ratings.
State Treasurer Rob McCord is atop the pile of other confirmed and purported Democratic hopefuls, which includes former DEP secretary John Hanger, State Senator Daylin Leach, and Montgomery County Commissioners chairman Josh Shapiro.
Find out what's happening in Lower Providencefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The Patriot-News of Harrisburg earlier this month cited unspecified "party insiders" who said that only Schwartz, McCord, and York County businessman Tom Wolf are capable of raising enough money to battle Corbett's re-election campaign, which is expected to spend at least $30 million.
The state's senior Democratic office-holder, Bob Casey, Jr., newly re-elected to another six-year term in the U.S. Senate, has said he will not run for Corbett's seat.