Crime & Safety
No Charges Filed In Shooting In Quiet Trooper Neighborhood
The shooter fired a shotgun at the victim after the victim came into his house uninvited, police said.

LOWER PROVIDENCE, PA -- No charges have been filed after a man shot an acquaintance with a shotgun after the victim entered his home uninvited, authorities announced.
The announcement shed light on the Sept. 2 incident in a quiet Trooper neighborhood which left one man injured. Five people were originally taken into custody.
“This was an extremely unfortunate situation that has been difficult for everyone involved because they know each other," Lower Providence Police Chief Stan Turtle said in his statement. "Their lives have been forever changed and both must live with their choices and actions from that day. We hope those involved are able to move forward from this terrible incident."
Find out what's happening in Lower Providencefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
>>1 Man Shot, 5 Detained After Lower Providence Incident: Cops
Authorities said the conflict was traced back to earlier in the day on Sept. 2 at a home in Upper Merion Township, where the shooting victim, Andrew Thompson, 30, of Bridgeport, was arguing with the eventual shooter, Ryan Hoy, 31.
Find out what's happening in Lower Providencefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
The argument turned physical, though police did not say to what extent, and Hoy eventually left and returned to his home on the 100 block of Hollywood Avenue in Trooper.
Later that evening, at around 10:50 p.m., Thompson came unannounced to Hoy's house and entered through the back door, which had been left unlocked, police said.
Several residents of the home confronted Thompson, and police said there was another "physical confrontation." During the confrontation, Hoy grabbed a shotgun and shot Thompson, according to authorities.
Police said the residents called 911 and gave Thompson basic medical care until first responders arrived.
Responders on the scene called it "chaotic," and in the confusion, a total of five people were detained for questioning. After an investigation led by Lower Providence Police and the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office, however, it was determined that neither Hoy or Thompson will face any charges.
Patch file photo
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.