Crime & Safety

Delco Man Convicted Of Christmas Sexual Assault: DA's Office

Michael Richie was accused of sexually assaulting a family member Christmas night last year.

A Delaware County man who was accused of sexually assaulting a family member at Christmas last year has been convicted of several charged filed against him in the 2015 incident according to the Delaware County District Attorney's Office.

Michael Richie, 55, of Upper Chichester, was convicted of indecent assault, indecent assault of an unconscious individual, and indecent exposure, the DA's office said. Due to a previous sexual assault conviction, Ritchie faces a 25-year mandatory minimum sentence, according to the DA's office.

The assault occurred on the evening of December 25, 2015 when the victim was visiting the home of her uncle, Richie, prior to going to her mother’s home in Chester, the DA's office said.

Find out what's happening in Radnorfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

During the visit, she awoke on the couch to seeing a naked Richie caressing her breast, the DA's office said.

The investigation into the assault was conducted by Det. John Montgomery of the Upper Chichester Police.

Find out what's happening in Radnorfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Image via Delaware County District Attorney's Office

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.