Crime & Safety

Alleged Paoli Molester Strikes Journalist Outside Of Courthouse, Report Says

Charles Robinson, 60, of Paoli is now facing additional charges of assault following the Jan. 7 incident.

A Paoli man who was arrested by Radnor Police last month for allegedly molesting a 13-year-old relative is also facing assault charges after reportedly striking a reporter following a court appearance.

According to Main Line Media News, Charles Robinson, 60, of Paoli was exiting district court in Newtown Square on Jan. 7 when he struck one journalist in the hand and arm with enough force to shatter the lens on the camera the reporter was holding.

Robinson was arrested by Radnor Police on Dec. 31 after authorities said he molested an underage relative for four years, beginning when the child was 13.

Find out what's happening in Tredyffrin-Easttownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

According to Fox29, Robinson is associated with adoption services The Church of the Holy Saviour in Wayne as well as with Boy Scouts of America.

Court records show he is charged with corruption of minors, unlawful contact with a minor for sexual offenses, indecent assault of a person less than 16 years of age, indecent exposure, open lewdness, harassment, endangering the welfare of children and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a person under 16.

Find out what's happening in Tredyffrin-Easttownfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Robinson is in Delaware County Prison after failing to post bail, which was set at $100,000. He waived his preliminary hearing last week, the day the alleged assault happened.

An arraignment is scheduled for Feb. 3.

Authorities fear there may be more victims. Anyone with information should contact Radnor Police at (610) 688-0503.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.