Reston
News Feed
Events
Local Businesses
Classifieds
Crime & Safety

Man Detained After Reston Barricade; No Injuries Reported

Police detained a man after a barricade and reported gunfire on Castle Rock Square in Reston. No injuries were reported.

Police detained a man after a barricade and reported gunfire on Castle Rock Square in Reston. No injuries were reported. (Michael O'Connell/Patch)

RESTON, VA — Fairfax County police detained a man following a barricade Monday in the 2200 block of Castle Rock Square in Reston, according to the department.

Police said the man had been involved in an altercation before a firearm was discharged. Authorities described that account as preliminary and did not provide further details about the altercation or who fired the weapon.

Subscribe

After the firearm was discharged, the man entered a residence and refused to come outside, police said. Officers subsequently detained him.

There were no hostages inside the residence, and no injuries had been reported as of the department's 11:54 a.m. update.

Officers remained at the scene while investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident, police said. The department did not immediately release the man's identity or information about possible charges.

More from Reston
News | 21m
News | 1h
News | 4h
See more on Patch >

Sign up for free local newsletters and alerts for the
Reston Patch

Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news.
Visit Patch.com to find your town today.

©2026 Patch Media. All Rights Reserved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information