Schools

'All Clear' Given After Active Shooter Threat At Central High

TPD says a threat received at Central High School this morning prompted the lockdown of all Tuscaloosa City Schools.

(Tuscaloosa Police Department. )

TUSCALOOSA, AL — In a statement Monday afternoon, Tuscaloosa City Schools the all clear can be given after initial reports of an active shooter threat near Central High School.

"The preliminary investigation revealed there was no merit to the threat. All schools have been cleared and normal operations have resumed," TCS said. "The Tuscaloosa City Schools wishes to thank the Tuscaloosa Police Department, The University of Alabama Police Department, Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office and the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency for their response to today's events."

The Tuscaloosa Police Department confirmed to local media that Tuscaloosa City Schools had been placed on precautionary lockdown after a threat was reported Monday morning at Central High School.

Find out what's happening in Tuscaloosafor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Click here to subscribe to our free Tuscaloosa Daily newsletter and breaking news alerts

TPD says officers responded shortly after noon and found no reason to believe the threat was valid. However, city schools have been placed on lockdown as officers check each school.

Find out what's happening in Tuscaloosafor free with the latest updates from Patch.

"We do have multiple police cars parked at the school right now as officers wrap up the procedures we follow whenever a school threat is reported," TPD said in a Facebook post Monday afternoon.

This is a developing story. Tuscaloosa Patch will have more information as it comes available.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.