Crime & Safety

San Lorenzo Man Charged With Attempted Murder

The crime happened at a family gathering Thanksgiving weekend, according to investigators.

SAN LORENZO, CA — A man who is accused of driving his vehicle toward four women during a family holiday party last month has been charged with attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, the Alameda County District Attorney's Office said Monday.

Leandro Angelo Torres, 31, was a family gathering on Nov. 25 in San Lorenzo. According to the sheriff's office, Torres was asked to leave, which he did, but he later returned and allegedly attacked his brother's car.

He is also suspected of driving his own vehicle toward four women standing in the street, one of whom became pinned between his car and a parked vehicle.

Find out what's happening in Castro Valleyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

If convicted, prosecutors said Torres could face up to 12 years in state prison.


Copyright © 2023 Bay City News, Inc. All rights reserved. Republication, rebroadcast or redistribution without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited. Bay City News is a 24/7 news service covering the greater Bay Area.

Find out what's happening in Castro Valleyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.