Community Corner
Shark Attacks Surfer Off Moonlight Beach
Medics took the victim, whose name and age were not immediately available, to Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas.
ENCINITAS, CA — A surfer suffered minor injuries Wednesday in a shark attack near Moonlight Beach.
The attack was reported about 5:45 p.m., Encinitas lifeguard Capt. Larry Giles said.
Medics took the victim, whose name and age were not immediately available, to Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas for treatment of minor injuries.
Find out what's happening in Encinitasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
A two-mile stretch of shoreline in the area was temporarily closed as a precaution due to the incident, Giles said.
Moonlight Beach, which had been closed as part of local municipalities' efforts to fight the spread of the coronavirus, reopened Monday morning for limited activities — including walking, running, swimming and surfing.
Find out what's happening in Encinitasfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
— City News Service