Crime & Safety
Half Moon Bay Scene Cleared After 'Threat' Investigation [UPDATE]
"We are currently investigating the validity of an unspecified & unconfirmed threat," the sheriff's office said Tuesday evening.

HALF MOON BAY, CA — San Mateo County sheriff's deputies investigated Tuesday evening a possible threat in Half Moon Bay, but cleared the scene after about two hours. Officials first announced an "ongoing investigation" near a convenience store in the area of Main Street and Highway 92 around 5:30 p.m.
"After investigating, the unconfirmed threat has been assessed and the scene is safe," the sheriff's office said around 7:15 p.m. "There is no threat to the general public. The person who made the threat is still being investigated. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
Earlier in the evening, officials had asked residents to avoid the area during the investigation, referencing "an unspecified [and] unconfirmed threat at a business."
Find out what's happening in Half Moon Bayfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Find out what's happening in Half Moon Bayfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
— Patch file photo by Renee Schiavone
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.