Crime & Safety
Riverside Man Stands Trial For Sexual Assault of Laguna Niguel Jogger
A 23-year-old man is standing trial tomorrow in Santa Ana. He is accused of felony false imprisonment and brandishing an imitation fire arm.

LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA — A 23-year-old Riverside man will face trial tomorrow for felony false imprisonment by menace and other charges.
Sean Luke Salaber, 23, Riverside is charged with sexually assaulting a female jogger on a trail in Laguna Niguel on Sept. 24 of last year.
As the woman shouted for help, her attacker held the air gun to her head, Orange County sheriff’s Lt. Jeff Hallock said in the original report. At some point, the suspect was scared off by a bystander responding to the shouts for help, he said.
Find out what's happening in Laguna Niguel-Dana Pointfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Salaber was arrested about a quarter-mile from the park near Kite Hill Drive and Becard Drive, Hallock said.
His booking mug shot resembled a sketch of a suspect wanted for sexual assaults, including one involving a 14-year-old girl in Riverside, but investigators later determined there was no link, Hallock said in September of last year.
Reports state that Salaber brandished an imitation firearm at the time of the offense. He is also accused of one felony count of assault with intent to commit a sexual offense.
Find out what's happening in Laguna Niguel-Dana Pointfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
If convicted, Salaber faces a maximum sentence of six years in state prison, according to Deputy District Attorney Heidi Garrel of the Sexual Assault Unit who is prosecuting this case.
This report will be updated as more information is released.
Sean Salaber, Booking Photo,
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.