Crime & Safety

2 Plead Guilty to Burglary Spree in La Jolla, Neighboring Communities

The crime spree took place during a heat wave last year, according to authorities.

San Diego, CA — Two men who broke into homes in La Jolla, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Mira Mesa, Scripps Ranch and Sabre Springs along with two juveniles during a heat wave last year, pleaded guilty Monday to 19 burglary and robbery charges.

Antonio Kresic, 22, and Keith Lashaun Thomas, 20, will be sentenced Sept. 20.

Each faces up to 29 years and eight months in state prison.

Find out what's happening in La Jollafor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Deputy District Attorney Jim Koerber said the defendants removed and cut screens to break into residences during a hot spell last year. Some residents left their windows open and the defendants were able to get in that way, the prosecutor said.

The crime spree began Sept. 21 and ended Oct. 7. Some of the stolen property — including credit cards, computer thumb drives and gaming systems — was recovered and returned to the owners, police said.

Find out what's happening in La Jollafor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The two teens are being prosecuted in juvenile court.

City News Service

(Image via Shutterstock)