Politics & Government
Edison Officials Apologize to La Crescenta-Montrose Locals
Three Southern California Edison officials attended the CV Town Council to apologize for the power outages during the Nov. 30, 2011 windstorm.

Southern California Edison officials spoke during the Crescenta Valley Town Council meeting with one message: an apology.
"We're here tonight to say we're really sorry for the inconvenience we caused you and your families," said Dave Ford, Region Manager in Local Public Affairs, during the CV Town Council meeting on Thursday.
The utility is looking for ways to improve communication for customers, Ford said.
Find out what's happening in Montrose-La Crescentafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"We don't have all the answers ourselves but we're doing everything we can," Ford said.
Edison officials also met with Crescenta Valley CERT on Thursday to discuss how to create a future disaster plan, Ford said. SCE had come with a plan, but following the meeting determined that a new plan must be drafted for emergencies.
Find out what's happening in Montrose-La Crescentafor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Gary Shockley, SCE District Manager of Transmission and Distribution, explained that the utility's first priority during the emergency was public safety.
The utility had four fatalities in the last year, Shockley said, so preventing deaths was crucial during the windstorm.
Edison received more than 4,000 wire down calls, Shockley said. Luckily, there were no fatalities.
"La Crescenta was hit very hard," Shockley said. The area is served by 13 circuits out of three different substations, he said.
Realistic restoration times were included in the area for improvement, Shockley said.
"We thank you for your patience and we enjoy your feedback because it makes all of us better," Shockley said.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.