Crime & Safety
Homeless Man Killed In Second Mysterious Shooting Identified
A 34-year-old homeless man was shot to death in North Hollywood weeks after a 24-year-old transient was killed while sleeping under the 405.

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA — Police on Thursday identified a 34-year-old homeless man who was shot and killed in North Hollywood. His killer is still at large.
Officers arrive at the 7100 block of Whitsett Avenue at about 9 a.m. Monday, and they found the body of Brad Hanaway, according to the Los Angeles Police Department and the coroner's office.
Hanaway, a transient who stayed in the area, had been shot several times, police said.
Find out what's happening in North Hollywood-Toluca Lakewith free, real-time updates from Patch.
It's the second time recently that a homeless man was killed by an unknown shooter in the San Fernando Valley. In late November, a 24-year-old man sleeping in a tent under the Plummer Street 405-Freeway overpass was gunned down by a shooter who pulled up to the tent, looked in and opened fire before fleeing the scene.
Authorities have not publicly identified a motive for either killing nor have they said whether there is any connection.
Find out what's happening in North Hollywood-Toluca Lakewith free, real-time updates from Patch.
Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call (818) 374- 1934 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
RELATED: Hunt On For Killer Who Shot Homeless Man On Plummer Street
City News Service; Photo: Shutterstock
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.