Crime & Safety
Man Who Gunned Down 15-Year-Old In Drive-By Shooting Extradited To OC
The shooting also injured a 13-year-old when it happened on July 5, 2025 in Stanton.
STANTON, CA — A 21-year-old man was extradited out of Vietnam and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday on charges for his part in a drive-by shooting that killed a 15-year-old and wounded a 13-year-old in Orange County.
Quoc-Bao Viet Le was accused of fleeing to Vietnam four days after the shootings. He was extradited back to Orange County last week, according to Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer.
He was charged in July with co-defendants Danny Huynh, 24, Troy Quang Lu, 21, and Ali Ibrahim Alsouqi, 21, who is currently a fugitive and believed to be in Jordan, prosecutors said.
Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Huynh and Lu were next due in court Thursday in the West Justice Center in Westminster.
The shooting occurred just before 2 p.m. July 5 at Court Avenue and Plaza Way in Stanton, where deputies found 15-year-old Samuel Louie Vidal of San Bernardino and 13-year-old Anthony Gomez, prosecutors said. Both victims were hospitalized, but Vidal died and Gomez survived.
Find out what's happening in Orange Countyfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Vidal sustained five gunshot wounds to the heart, left lung, liver and pancreas, prosecutors said in court papers.
Anthony told investigators that he was hanging out with his friend when a car drove up, stopped and a "full car" of masked males asked him if they were in gangs, prosecutors said.
Le was in the passenger seat when Huynh, who got out of the back door and opened fire on the victims, prosecutors said. Investigators suspect Le also opened fire, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors characterized it as a "brazen attack" in the "middle of the day."
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.